But I will hold on hope and I won't let you choke on the noose around your neck, and I'll find strength in pain and I will change my ways, I'll know my name as it's called again
My critique period has ended at Critique Circle for the prologue (http://www.critiquecircle.com/queue.asp?action=lookup&id=64207). I got a lot of really great advice so as of right now I am writing a couple different prologues to try instead. I have to settle on a point of view and I am pretty sure I am going to go with Jake for the prologue, which just makes it a little more difficult to write the prologue without giving too much away.
It seems that everyone hates prologues, I keep getting questions about why it can't be the first chapter. The reason being that the first chapter is 3 months later, the prologue doesn't fit in with the flow, it's its own piece.
It has almost been a month now since I finished the book which is exciting. I am back to editing a lot and writing a lot. I know it's supposed to be three months you leave it, but I am not ready to bury it for that long.
Well off to work!
No comments:
Post a Comment