Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Rolling into the Deep

They keep me thinking that we almost had it all

I'm quite aware that I have been a terrible blogger of late, I really should be writing more. Well, I am writing just no this it seems. I was on vacation for the past five days in Williams Lake, visiting family and the like and watching far more hockey than I could ever care for, I am a true blasphemer, how dare I call myself Canadian?

I wrote the first few paragraphs of what I think will be my next book but have promptly put it on the side as I continue to edit more and more. It never seems good enough, sometimes I am overwhelmed with how horrible I think a scene is and I am unable to find a starting point. That is life I suppose.

My mother told me today she needs to go in for a second surgery, but that she should be fine as long as they get it out this time. Soberly enough it reminds me of my favorite quote.

"This too will pass."

I feel like I am sitting on a time bomb, that this is my chance to become a writer and if I don't do it now I never will. It's good motivator, but it's depressing all at once.

My first two chapters just came down from review at CC and it's overwhelming how obvious mistakes seem when they are pointed out to you. Apparently I could drown myself in details, what else is new?

we almost had it all

No comments: