Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Glitter in the Air

It's only half past the point of oblivion

It's Wednesday again! I think I may make this my blogging day, I will try to post throughout the week but if all else fails, expect a post on Wednesday.

So apparently the Canucks won or something like that last night (I supposedly should care too) and all night honking and yelling could be heard. I sometimes wish I was conventional enough to care about common things.

On another n
ote, a several month long quest has been completed by yours truly. I have finally, after much searching found Kraken Rum. I know, such a prestigious and holy quest for me to take upon but it had to be done. It may just be my love of cephalopods or some form of insanity that has overcome me but I just had to find it.

This quest was made increasingly difficult by the fact that the rum was only really readily available in the States and only by special request in Canada. I scoured many liquor stores and put in requests with no luck. All my friends were aware of my awe inspiring passion to find this handled bottle and it was due to my infamy that it was eventually found.

A friend of mine called me from the liquor store the second they spotted it and that night I brought it home. It was everything I dreamed. A classy rum with a hint of vanilla and nice burn. Goes excellent with coke. I am satisfied with my legendary beverage, the quest was a worthwhile one.

If that isn't evidence enough that I need a life I don't know what is.

I spent much of last week configuring my brother's new laptop and he shall be visiting in two weeks for some geekery and gaming. Which means I have to double up on writing in the next little bit. Oh right, writing, isn't that why I am here?

Chapters 6 and 7 come down from review today, I have to look at the critiques but they got a staggering 6 crits, the longest being 1600 words which can either be really good or bad. Generally if you leave a long crit it means there was a lot wrong or you really enjoyed the passage.

258, 778 words

I am pleased as long as that number keeps going down, and as always I am sure it will decrease more once I implement the crits.

I am beginning to feel the Jake arc is too long, Rain's story doesn't start until 13 chapters in (42 pages) which then takes up the bulk of the story. It also bugs me that all the events in Jake's arc is either at dinner with Rain (3 dinner stories, though each are different) or in his apartment.

I also feel that Loki kind of drops off the face of the earth in the latter half of the arc without much discussion on what is happening with him. I feel I need to add some more information about Loki, just to make it seem that the hunt is actively going on. So much of the story takes place in Rain's house, I worry about how interesting it is.

On a completely unrelated news update, I can't paint human skin to save my life, I should never draw again.

No comments: